Sunday, June 12, 2011

My background


I started Tae Kwon Do at the age of 5 in Canada. In the 3rd grade I moved to Roswell, GA and continued training at East Coast Tae Kwon Do. When that school closed down I moved to Kim Brothers Tae Kwon Do, which was later changed to Fusion Martial Arts. By then I was a blackbelt and instructor in the martial art at the age of 15. Soon after, Eric Sepeda, came to demo a class. I instantly fell in love with Krav Maga, and have been doing it ever since. Eric eventually stayed permanently at the location, eventually switching over entirely to Krav Maga with the name Atlanta Krav Maga & Fitness, which now has another location in Lenox.

Krav Maga was everything that my traditional martial arts was not. I knew more about self-defense and fighting in 3 months of Krav Maga than in the entirety of my Tae Kwon Do training. My confidence was always high and I knew I could somewhat defend myself when I was still doing Tae Kwon Do, but Krav Maga is not even comparable. The level of expertise stricfly in terms of self-defense is 10 times what it was from TKD.

Huge thanks to Eric Sepeda, Atlanta Krav Maga & Fitness and all the instructors and students there.

www.atlantakravmaga.com

No comments:

Post a Comment